Two days of work left.
The field trips were a success. Little bumps here and there as always, but nothing insurmountable.
Awards days are done.
Monday is teacher work day. It's also DS2's grad so I was granted leave for the day, provided I got all my year end duties done. A lot of 15 hour work days to get that done properly.
My room is almost packed. I am down to the last 10 or so boxes. You know what that 's like when you are packing to move......the grumbles and such that get shoved in boxes at the very end. I found myself sad Friday morning, as most of the big jobs were done and my brain had a moment to think about what's happening. Leaving a home of over a decade is not going to be easy.
Last night I found myself snappy and exhausted. It didn't help that it was 31 C in a non air conditioned house - a house that no one has really looked after in three weeks.
I curled up on my patio last night and watched the cat play in the yard. I actually started my summer to do list. Oddly, it calmed me. I know...I'm weird.
We ended the evening with a fire in the firepit. The flicker of the flames brought a lot of peace to my soul.
Tomorrow is a family wedding out of town on their acreage. 33C. blech. I am SO a 18C kinda girl.
While I am two days out, it sort of feels like summer has begun. Wow that year went fast.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment