Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Eat it up!

Ok so I have set a goal for myself this weekend, since I am alone.

Eat what I have in the house. The fridge is lean looking but that's ok because I want to clean it. I have tons in the pantry and in the freezer. I have set aside $10 for a milk and a loaf of bread, and I have set aside $10 if I want to get a coffee or something for the hours I will put in at the school.

I can get pretty loosey goosey when I am home alone when it comes to eating. Buy things that no one in my family likes to devour. Most of them unhealthy. Those costs add up. Fast.

So let's see if I can make some creative little meals with what's on hand.


************************************************************

My (newish) cat got me up early this morning. 6:30. I guess he thought it was a school day and I was late. He wanted breakfast.  We had a bit of a scare last night. See, he's mostly an inside cat. I made that decision when I brought him home last Halloween. I lost my last orange cat two summers ago and still grieve deeply, and look for him. So this one stays in, or goes out on a leash.

Somehow he got out last night. Probably when I was looking to let my Calico in, who came to me an outside cat many years ago.

I found him about 30 min after I noticed he was gone, down at the end of the block. Scared and shaking, but he did come to me when I called him.

If you don't like cats, the reaction won't really resonate with you, but for me it caused a wee bit of PTSD from losing my last one. I texted DS1, who actually answered me on a Friday night :-)  He was really good to me and talked me through it. It was nice to see him thinking of someone else for a change :-)

**********************************************************

Anyways, I got an early start on the morning. Laundry is hanging on the line. I had coffee outside and fully took in the softness of the morning, the sun, the fresh air, the birds. The kitten watching the birds.

I hope it's a beautiful day for you.

1 comment:

its me, sam said...

It will be a wonderful day here Jolie! I;m glad you found the cat, so scary when fur babies go missing...