Well it was definitely a different experience for prom with DS1 than DS2 for prom, but we are through to the other side.
DS1 was definitely a social butterfly and considered 'popular', for those who find that classification important.
DS2 has a small group of friends, but is definitely not popular and considered weird and different by the 'popular' crew.
DS2 seems to be ok with who he is, and has no patience for dramatic and superficial people but there are a few things he says here and there that make me wonder how he feels about where he fell into the social groupings.
I was somewhere in the middle, in high school. I think.
DS2 wasn't going to go to prom but a friend had broken up with her boyfriend and asked him to be her escort. It was good for both of them. She got her escort without worrying about dating and all that goes with it, and he got to be a white knight.
Don't get me wrong. He could have cheerfully missed the whole thing and been seemingly content with it all.
He stayed until about 12:30 AM (It goes until 3 AM). He did the pre prom pics with his escort, the grand march, danced with her, with his mama and a few in the middle where his escort and another girl dragged him up. He hung out with his friends and won one of the prizes (hello toaster oven) and then they were ready to go.
Then we came home, he changed and went to meet his friends at a house (with parents home) and they had a fire and enjoyed each other's company.
He looked great in his suit. I am sure glad I didn't have a girl. Listening to some of the other moms talking about the dress cost, alterations, shoes, practice hair sesson, picture hair session, prom hair session, make up, gel nails, TOE gel nails, pics... it was staggering. More than one mom quoted numbers in the $1800 to $2000 range as I .......overlistened to conversations. And these are not kids of doctors or lawyers or those kinds of big income jobs. Sheesh. DS can wear his suit again for weddings or funerals. Those girls will never wear their dresses again.
We are just nicely back from the facility where we cleaned up and took down decorations and such. The next big event is at the end of June for the actual graduation. Cap and gown.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
2 days ago
1 comment:
Sounds like he had a good time. I'm more like DS2. I actually missed my prom due to a series of unfortunate events. In the end, it was alright. I hung out with my friends and had a great time. Glad to hear DS2 had a great night too.
Post a Comment