Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

First snowflakes of 2015

Ok this is a week or so late, but I was otherwise focused last week :-)

My first snowflakes come from three different sources; one of which, I THINK could be considered snowflake, but I am not sure how the masses out there will think.

Source 1 - the annual lottery scratchers from my sister in law, and this year, also from my oldest sister. Total winnings from said scratchers - $62

Source 2 - eating at other places so often during the holidays meant we didn't go through a whole lot for groceries.  I scrimped my grocery /household dollars and put $80 towards the Line of Credit.


Source 3 -  mom and dad had talked about giving $ towards DS's college last spring, and then again last summer. I never brought it up with them as I feel really awkward about taking $ from them for this.  At Christmas my mom gave me a cheque for $2000. It was meant to go towards his tuition, or the Line of Credit, or for us to fly down to see him in the next couple months. Whatever I wanted - my discretion. I reluctantly took the cheque and debated for some time on where I wanted it to go.

I decided to put it where it would have the most impact - the Line of Credit. It was nice to see it come down such a big chunk in one shot.

So welcome snowflakes. All $2142 of you. It was  very as good to see you.

5 comments:

Jane said...

Hope your neck has healed!! I would consider all of those sources as snowflakes. I do the same with my variable budgets - gas, groceries and misc - if there's some left in those areas at the end of the month it all goes into savings. I think money saved this way is valid as snowflakes.

The Asian Pear said...

Oh my! That'll be a lot of snowflakes coming! :D

Jolie said...

Thanks guys. I love the inspiration January brings. I hope I can keep the momentum rolling.

FoodAndFrugal said...

I've been following your blog for awhile now, and I have always been impressed with your snowflakes! I am also starting to blog in 2015 and joining the ranks of SK bloggers out there. See you around!

Jolie said...

Welcome Food and Frugal and thanks for reading and commenting here. I found that blogging was one of my most empowering steps in my journey to becoming more aware of the power of my little bits of money.