Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Taking a bit of Canada back with him

Well that visit home went far too fast. I suppose I had better get used to it as that is our future.  He got time with 'the boys' (hockey buddies), his friends, his kitties, his cousins, his brother, his gf and her family, and ...the rest of us.

His flight left at 4 PM today. We drove into the city and I swear it was harder saying goodbye this time than it was in August when we left him in the US.

He went over to say goodbye to his grandparents last night. They miss him so much. My dad was full of advice. DS just smiles and nods. My mom gives him advice about taking care of his dress clothes.

We came home and watched the World Jr Canada vs Germany game and he worked at his lottery scratch tickets he got for gifts. A total of $32 in winnings which are going into his Craven 2015 fund.

I ended the night watching The Hobbit 2 with BOTH my boys. They sat on the same couch, each holding a cat. Such a great moment.

Since he had room in his checked luggage, some favourite items went home, that he can't get in his college town.  I miss him already!

All the whiz down there has queso in it,
mmm unhealthy juice crystals

He missed his ketchup chips

M and Ms are NOT the same thing.

He loves this on his chicken.



2 comments:

The Asian Pear said...

Mmm. Ketchup chips. I totally understand why he missed it. Mmm.

Jolie said...

They were gobbled up by he and his roomie. They aren't my top choice. Just leaves more Salt and Vinegar for me :-)