It was with great satisfaction this morning that I was able to make the final payment on DS2's trip for Easter with his travel club. He is super excited to be going to Greece and seeing such a different part of the world.
He could have gone last year, during Grade 11 like his brother did, but opted not to. The trip was to China and that didn't appeal to him. He knew he was taking a risk, waiting, as the next destination was not yet know, but he decided to wait.
His fingers were crossed for either Italy, like his brother, or Greece. He is super excited to get to go tour the Greek Islands.
The trip is through EF tours and the fee includes everything from flight to hotels to transportation to most of the tours. They may decide on other day trips when they get there. I think DS's group opted for one. The total cost was $3780. It felt good to be able to log on and make that last payment. It was due by the end of December, but I didn't want to forget to do it in the busyness of that last week.
The trip includes Athens (temple of Zeus, Acropolis, temple of Apollo, Delphi, an Olive Farm). Then they get on a cruise ship tour the islands for four days. Mykonos, Crete, Rhodes.
He is a big Greek Mythology buff so this is like a dream come true.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
10 comments:
Greece sounds like fun! My son is doing an EF tour this year too...Germany and Italy. Its all the kids can talk about!
He has been paying one third and I get 2/3. But the last time we saw my Dad he said he would help with some costs too. I'm sure he will do more learning on the trip than he will all year in the classroom.
The stuff mom's do... will they ever really know??
It sounds like a fantastic trip! I've been to a lot of European countries (14) but haven't been to Greece yet... it is on my list!
Congrats on having made the final payment!
Oh my goodness that is an awesome trip! I would LOVE to do something like that. I had no idea schools had a travel club - how interesting. Well, I am glad he got a trip of his dreams. You are a wonderful mom to allow him this opportunity.
I'm jealous of DS2! Greece! He'll have a fantastic time!!
What an awesome opportunity for him! Its one thing to read and study about the culture but to actually go where the history happened: so cool! :D
That sounds like so much fun! I want to do that! Can I go with as a chaperone? Lol
He's going to have a blast!
How wonderful!! I am so envious! I'm glad he was lucky enough to get one of his top choices. I went on one of those trips in my Gr. 13 year and its still one of my best memories ever!
How exciting! Definitely a trip he will always remember. He's going to have such a fantastic time.
Thanks everyone. He is really excited about it. I know though that this is the first step for him as the 'moving on' phase. I only have 6 months left with him before he is gone too. Cherish the moments :-)
Post a Comment