Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

My boys :-)

For 7 sweet days I get a bit of normal back in my life. My boys are both home :-)  

It will go fast. He flies out the 28th and won't be home until....May, I think. For now I took my calendar off my wall so I don't do that mental countdown and just enjoy the days.

My boys are not overtly boisterous with each other. Just the way they are I guess, but you can tell they are happy to see each other.

DS's  second flight got delayed the night of the 19th due to fog here in Saskatchewan, at the airport. He called, bitterly disappointed that he would have to stay the night in the Minneapolis airport...a lovely 12 hour extra layover. No compensation. No vouchers for food or hotel. He and his roomie found a spot under a staircase leading to an observation level, and pitted in for the night.

He got back into town with 10 minutes to spare before he went to the rink to see his old team play and see all 'the boys'.  It was quite something to watch how the fans were, seeing him and several of the other graduated players, who came home to watch the final game. The kid were all running up to them for high fives, the senior citizen fans were full of hearty handshakes and a couple of big hugs. The best was watching how excited the special needs fans were. They love their boys and their faces just lit up, seeing them.

I am sharing DS with his girlfriend and her family for these 7 days. They live about an hour away from us.

DS2 got to spend two weekends in a row at his camp 3 hours north of here. He figures there is about a foot of snow up there. They snowshoed in from the main road and hauled their gear on sleds. They slept under tarps in the snow and loved every minute of it. They found a skunk sleeping in their boatshed and repaired a few spots where something had gnawed through another building. The ice isn't terribly thick in many spots on the lake so they put out markers. Lots of folks snowmobile through that area and the boys wanted to be sure the snowmobilers knew where the trouble spots were. He took some amazing pics of the hoar frost up there. I will get him to send me a pic or two and I will add them to here.

The time went so fast while they were growing up. I really wish I had appreciated all those moments, even more.

No comments: