Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Gift suggestion ideas

DS will be home for a few days at Christmas. Yeah us!!

I have no clue what to get him for Christmas though. We reach that stage where he and his brother don't NEED anything really. 

DS has to be able to carry it back in his luggage if it is something we want him to have for down in the States.

Gift cards are out as most of the ones we buy up here won't work in the States.

Thoughts??

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Socks and undies, jeans maybe. That is what my teens asked for. Also, a small sketch book or game magazine. A new suitcase/duffel if theirs is getting older. Headphones, the good ones with volume control.

That's all I can think of right now, will writ again if I think of more.

Saskatchewan Savings said...

This may not be a 'main' gift idea but one year we purchased my cousin some Canadian gear from Roots & she loved it! She lives in the US but is very proud to tell everyone she is Canadian. That or (getting more Saskatchewan specific) if he's a Rider fan maybe some gear?

Has he ever dropped any hints that he misses having a certain food, candy bar, etc that he can't get were he's staying? If it's something other than a home cooked meal (haha) maybe make up a gift basket?

I'm happy you will get him home for Christmas! Enjoy the time together :)

B-Kat said...

What about iTunes gift cards. One of those little blue tooth speakers, blue tooth headphones, kobo/kindle then chapters gift card for books...
Car stuff for the boy at home...emergency roadside kit, cleaning kit..
Thats all I can think for now
Big boys are hard to buy for!!

Jane said...

Well, my 24 year old daughter has everything too so I just give her $$$. Good old cash. Or practical stuff - like a gas card or an oil change. But that doesn't help you. Hmmm that's a tough one - I think boys (and men) are harder to buy for. Cash - that's all I can come up with, sorry.

QandADebt said...

Maybe a bluetooth speaker like a Jawbone speaker. I know there are several different brands and price ranges.

The Asian Pear said...

Amazon.com gift card. He can order it in the states and have it delivered there. (Just don't get the Amazon.ca one.) And the Amazon.com sells EVERYTHING.

Jolie said...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Some great ideas. I ended up getting DS1 new dress shoes. His old ones have worn out as they always have to 'suit up' for their games. I also got him tickets to Craven, our summer country music jamboree. Those with some jammies and RoughRider (our football team) clothing rounds things out.

DS2 got special workpants he should wear when using his chainsaw up at his camp (expensive darn pants), some camping gear he was needing, jammies and a book on the whitewater canoe routes of Northern Sask, where he goes every year