Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A year of snowflakes




Ahhh sweet beautiful snowflakes. Each on their own is tiny, but together, they can create amazing things.  Here are my thoughts on snowflakes for this year.

The money comes from a variety of sources - leftover weekly jar money, rolled change, bottle recycling, income tax refund, garage sales, and little bits of money I get here and there. On the weeks or months where I am diligent about using cash, I have more change. Usually any change I get, goes in the jar.  That can add up fast.

This year it was mostly from change and from bits I syphon out of my weekly jar money. If you look at the amounts below, the snowflake amount has mostly gotten smaller each year.

I don't feel I did my best job this year. I let the overwhelming nature of moving a child to another country and beginning to pay for college..............muddled my focus and my clarity.

Nevertheless, I am pleased that I still kept up with snowflaking, and that I put it towards good uses. In the latter part of the year, the snowflaking went to pay off the expenses from our trip down in the summer, as well as in October to DS's USA home.

Here is the breakdown of years past and a link to their pages, if you are interested.


In 2013 the snowflakes were $3671
In 2012 the snowflakes were $3136
In 2011 the snowflakes were $4350
In 2010 the snowflakes were $5070
In 2009 the snowflakes were $4295

And for 2014..... well the snowflakes, including the change I rolled this week, came to a grand total of $3112

Here is to another year of being wiser with money and remembering that every little bit saved or not spent, can add up and make a great impact on goals.

3 comments:

The Asian Pear said...

Woah. Jolie... Do you realize your snowflaking is over $23.6K since you started?!?!

Jolie said...

I never even thought to add it up that way Pear. How unlike me lol

That's a pretty impressive number, most of which went to a savings goal or a debt repayment goal.

BG - Before Gail (vaz Oxlade), that money would have just been pittered away, while the debt grew.

Thank you for showing me that number Pear!!

Nd.chic said...

Great job, Jolie. Your snowflakes definitely add up :)