So yesterday was Family Day and it was the first day all four of us have had off with no committments in months (excluding Christmas Day and NY Day). My plan was to head to the city. DS2 had a couple things on his list to buy for his winter camping, that he could buy with his own hard earned money. DS2 was looking at shoes for spring/summer to tuck aside. He has weird mutant feet and it's hard to find shoes that accomodate this. We were going to have a nice meal together and head to the cinema to see The Hobbit, which all four of us have been wanting to see.
Notice I said 'my plan was..'
DH was the first to jamtart out. He wanted to go ice fishing instead. Really??? He goes every weekend. Sometimes they catch something, sometimes not. DS1 is gradumacating soon and who knows when we will have this chance again. But no, he won't go. I was greatly annoyed and with the limitations of my hexing power, I wished that he would catch NO fish.
So the boys and I head off to the city and I am beyond grateful for this time with them. We are laughing. We are having conversations. It's great. As we pull into the city DS1 gets a call from his buddy. Buddy is coming into the city too with a spare ticket to the WHL Game and wants to know if DS can go. I give him my but mommy loves you look. He gives me his but my games are always on the same time as the WHL games are so I never get to see one look. He throws down his top card of 'well you won't have to pay for me to go to the show AND Buddy's dad is giving me the $20 hockey ticket for free'
sigh
I let him go
Our party of four is down to 2. I rarely get time with DS2 in the city anyways so we pledge to enjoy ourselves and head off to the Hobbit. It was good and I am glad we went. DS2 and I had a great time on the way home as he answered all my Hobbit/LOTR questions. He did not know the answer to my question "so how do Orcs procreate??? Cuz I never see any female Orcs out there"......sooooooooooo if any of you know the answer to that, please fill me in.
The cost was not massive. Gas to the city and back was about $45. The movie was $24 for the boy and I. He bought his snack out of his money and I had a frozen yogurt for $3. I used my 'entertainment money' from this week and last so nothing went on the CC.
The temps dropped riduculously low last night after we had had a few precious days in the -3C to +2C range.
We are back to -22C with massive winds today bringing it to -39C windchill.
oh...and my hex.....it worked :P I guess that makes me a bad person. lol
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
5 comments:
I am happy that you ended up having a good time. What I am not happy about is what you paid for fuel! How far did you travel and what are you paying per gallon or litre? I thought our pump prices were high but what you paid is outrageous. But, if you spent within your limits and had a great time, it was worthwhile.
hmm good questions
Right now our pump price is $1.199L
It was down to only about a $1 per Liter just after Christmas, but like everywhere else, it's been climbing.
My 'trip' on the odometer says I went about 338K altogether.
Our gas is now back up to $1.29 a litre. It's ridiculous. The city an hour away the price is $1.20.... It did go down to $1.14 for a week, but I missed it cause I didn't need to fill. I am seriously thinking of getting a bike soon.
yay for family day!
While it was more of a mom-son day instead of family, it sounds like a good day all in all. I spent mine at home. Haha. Pretty boring.
Orcs are made from mud and the earth. It shows them doing it in the LOTR fellowship. The Hobbit was a good movie :)
Post a Comment