Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What a wonderful evening. Today was our last day before break. Everyone needs some downtime...young and old alike. I found myself full of energy.

I came home and ordered pizza for supper. While we waited for it to come, I started laundry and made a to do list. DS2 has been reluctant unwilling to do go through his drawers and closets to get rid of things. He's had a growth spurt. He's had new clothing gifted at Christmas. He has no room in the inn.  Logic would dictate he would want to go through things. Teenagers are not logical though LOL

We agreed today that he would do a few drawers and the dress shirts in his closet. DS1 passed down a LOT of dress shirts since he has had to wear them for hockey for  a few years yet. DS2 doesn't have the opportunity to wear them much so we haven't gone through them.  Today we had success. Two large garbage bags full of things ready to donate to the diabetes foundation when their truck comes through our community again. DS2 isnt' done but boy we had a great start! It was awesome.

DS1 was outdoors today with his team at a charity event. For all that he is an athlete in fantastic condition, fresh air sure is tough on a boy. I found him at 7:30, curled up in his bed, wrapped in his blankets (ok in my head I am saying blankies :-). Not often he lets his mother tuck him in and kiss his forehead goodnight.  Of course it was much easier since he was unconscious. heh

I have gotten five loads of laundry  done tonight, ironing, dishes and at 9:20 I am still full of energy. I love it.

I just hope this isn't a big high only to be followed by a 'do nothing' crash for the rest of the break :-)

Now I am curled up with a glass of wine, watching Bones, Season 2 from the library, and plotting my next mini job to do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! I wish our break was in February. We just had our first family day long weekend here in BC, and I have to admit, it sure was nice to have a long weekend in the winter. In BC we no longer have a standard calendar so there are all kinds of crazy things going on in different districts....

Great work on the laundry, decluttering, and super energy!!! Have a well deserved break!

Jolie said...

This may be our last year of a break in Feb. The province is going to increase teaching days/year and and these breaks may be a thing of the past. It really only affects those working. We have had many many parents pulling kids out for a week here, a week there, or two weeks to go to warmer places.

The Asian Pear said...

Enjoy yourself and relax! :)

Rose said...

That happens here too, Jollie. We are a forestry town and the weeks of break up we have a ton of kinds on holidays.