Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Where the money stands

as of February 4th

Debts
Mortgage - $28 687 .92
LOC - $4799.49


Total Debt -  $33487.41

Savings/Planned Spending
TFSA/EF - $2045
RESP - $12 800
RRSP - $5700

Celebrations Goal - $1500
Plates - $155

This was a good start to the year. I  made a great debt in my LOC bringing it down over $1000. I did this with some snowflakes and some money in my budget line. I don't know that Feb will be quite as successful but it can't hurt to shoot for it again. Over all my debt came down $1311.13. The mortgage was dropped by $268 and change. Only 50% of what we pay comes off the principal. I look forward to the day when that number will be higher.

I managed to reach my first savings goal - Celebrations. That didn't come a moment too soon as those bills will soon start coming in. Next comes the $ I am saving for the insurance/plates for the boys' cars. I will pay part and they will pay part. The first car will be ready for renewal around April 1 so I need to keep moving on that.


4 comments:

Jerry said...

I can't believe how little your mortgage is. You'll have it paid off in no time and that might lead to a BIG party, right?! Does that include your taxes and insurance or do you pay that separately?

Hawaii Planner said...

Nice work! You made fantastic progress on the mortgage. Is your Celebrations account for birthdays, etc?

Louise said...

well done on the loc and reaching your savings goal! thats a really good start to the year.

Jane said...

I've been following you awhile now Jolie and your mortgage totals have come down SO FAR!! It doesn't seem like much day by day but the days and months add up and all of a sudden the change is HUGE! You always seem to be moving forward, never back. Congrats on reaching your goals one by one!