I think I used my time proportionally well yesterday. I think. I had a meeting at 8 AM before school and another at noon. After school I got a text from DH asking if we wanted to have a hotdog roast out at my sister's acreage. He'd been out there all day working on the yard and she was busy taking care of business and packing up for another business trip. Sometimes I think if she isn't forced to eat, she just won't bother.
So off DS2 and I went to the store for a bag of buns and a dozen dogs. It was a cool but lovely fall evening. Along with our nitrate filled roasted deliciousness, we had corn on the cob, the last of her cucumbers, and some tomatoes, all from her garden. It gave her a chance to clean out of her fridge and share company. She is alone now with her kids grown and divorced for about 3 years now.
It was great to sit around the fire and chat for awhile, give her dog some attention and play with the kitties. You could hear the geese flying overhead. DS1 did not join us as he was busy with his team.
Coolness and darkness come eary so it was home just after 6 to less fun things like laundry, dishes, cake baking, homework (and correcting) etc.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
2 days ago
7 comments:
Sounds like a nice time. Embrace those simple pleasures as they come along.
Sounds like a peaceful evening! Glad you enjoyed!
Those moments are always nice. A break in the whole scheme of things to relax and give you something else to think/talk about.
I miss hot dog roasts...I haven't had one for a long time :(
That sounds like a very nice evening!
I'd say you used your time VERY well yesterday! How great was it to stop in the middle of the week for a weenie roast! I'm glad you took a bit of time for yourself and family - the laundry will ALWAYS be there!
Thanks everyone. It is essential to my peace of mind (polite way of staying mental state) that I take these simple family moments as often as I can. In less than four years, I will have an empty house.
Post a Comment