Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween


This is always a crazy day at school. We allow the kids to dress up during lunch  hour. Many schools are not able to allow costumes anymore as parent councils will not permit it, so we are 'lucky' that way. The kids are wild already.

We have activities planned for the kids for the afternoon and tonight we will have a dance for the older students.

I didn't buy much for Trick or Treaters as we will only be home for a short period of time. I am home long enough to grab a bite to eat (if I am lucky) then back to the school for the dance. DS1 works tonight and DH and DS2 have scouts so there is a window of maybe an hour where kids will come.

I don't often dress up for these days at school. I just..............I dunno, being a larger person I find that it is harder to find decent costumes without spending $. I also really hate drawing attention to myself.

Our staffroom discussion this morning was around what lunches and snacks will be for the rest of the week. We have requested families limit it to one Halloween item per day but there are always several who send their children with 90% candy/junk for their lunches and snacks the whole week.  Hopefully we can push the healthier option this week. Just better for the kids in so many ways.

Hope you have a great night, no matter how you spend it.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Halloween to you too!

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you have a full day of excitement! Happy Halloween to you as well!

The Witch said...

Happy Halloween!!
Just enjoy the moment and day as kids do.
I wish I was a kid again just for this day. Too bad that schools are banning the dressing up part of Halloween. You have to admit there probably wasn't one youngster that didn't have their minds elsewhere day.

Jolie said...

Thanks all!

TheWitch - around here it isn't the schools per se, but the boards or the parent council groups.

Jane said...

Oh I don't miss working in elementary! Those "sugar high" days were murder!

Niki said...

Happy Halloween!

We are one of those lucky schools too. It's so nice too. The kids get to enjoy their costumes and the fun all the more.

Jessica Fletcher-Fierro said...

I love dressing up for work, and I find that I like coming up with my own costumes more than buying a pre-made one. I bet you could come up with something and look great!

Girl Makes Cents said...

Hope you had a good Halloween. Are the kids limiting themselves this year?

Serendipity said...

Happy Halloween! I love working with kids around the fall and winter holidays, their always so much fun!