Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

A week of Ta Dones!!!

Lordy I felt like I was running all week. It will be good to kick back and relax tonight and enjoy a great supper and WICKED.

What did I get off my list?

  • Well I am writing this as I curl up and wait for my oil change to get finished. It's been needing done for about a month and I honestly haven't any excuse for not booking it aside from procrastination. With school starting toute suite, it was time to get it done.
  • A run to the school Monday to move out all the trash I cleaned out of my room. Not really fair for the caretaker to come back from holidays and find dozens of bags throughout the school that need to be hauled out. The boys helped one of the other teachers move out trash. She is retiring after this year and spent dayssss this summer going through all her things so that she doesnt' have to sort and clean when she is done in June.
  • Dr appt for DS2 on Tuesday
  • Eye appt for me. Lordy that took up HOURS on Wednesday. (see future post). The receptionist reminded me that the boys haven't been in, I knew my days were limited to book before school so...
  • Eye appt for the boys on Thursday.
  • Took boys for school supplies and a few new clothes for school. We barely get home and ds1 has a new shirt on. Oh no no mama says. Those are for school. He doesn't get it. Sigh. I will have to keep working on him.
  • Binders/school bags are ready to go. It's much easier to do when they are High School level. Still it's nice to know that they can just grab their stuff and the pens/looseleaf, dividers, etc are all ready to go. Yesterday was the last day all four of us are home all at the same time until August 31 so it needed to be done.
  • Laundry and bed linens are all caught up. We spent a glorious 30 minutes matching socks while watching the Rider game. tooooo many sock widows.
  • Scouting supper on Wed for the group that went to BC and their families. Was delicious and so lovely to spend time and bbq with folks. I made an apple crisp and a rhubarb crisp. mmmm rhubarb crisp.
  • Of course before they get to put away their new stuff they have to clean their rooms, go through their closets and drawers etc. They were not happy but they did it. dH even did some which is rare (and greatly needed)
  • 7........count them 7 garbage bags of clothing sorted and ready for donation. Another 2 bags  of clothes that were ready for trash along with 3 bags of actual garbage out from shelves and closets.
and now I am off. Laterssss all

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I wish I could be as motivated as you. I have a long, long long list of things that need to be done but I am just not motivated to do any of them.

Cash Only Living said...

Holy cow! Im tired just reading all of that! Great job getting organized!

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a very productive week! Same here - even though I am not a teacher, getting four kiddos plus a momma ready for ready is an undertaking! LOL

its me, sam said...

Jolie, you had one productive week!

Jolie said...

LOL it was not so much a matter of being productive, as it was of "holy summer is almost over and I had all summer to do these appts and I am leaving them til now WHY?'

heh