Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

RRSP Update

I got my RRSP statement in the mail today. I only have it come twice a year so it's always a big surprise. I had made $100 in growth last statement in February. Much better than the one before that, where I made a whopping 89 cents.

I don't expect it to grow exponentially, but it was nice to see that I had made $75 in the last six months. That's more than I have been able to save for this year's contribution so how can I not be happy.

It does show though that interest and earnings grow and I didn't have to do anything to get that money. It motivates me to get more money in there so I can continue to watch it grow.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Free money is free money! What a good feeling :) I hope it continues to grow fast for you!

~Carla~ said...

Any number with a "+" in front of it, is a good thing!!! ;)

its me, sam said...

go Jolie, go! PS. I've got 15 hits today from your blog! Crazy!

Jolie said...

Thanks everyone. You're right. Positive, free money, is great money.

Sam....that's exciting. shows what wonderful taste they have.

The Asian Pear said...

can I ask but which RRSP vehicle are you choosing? Cause 89cents the previous month is crazy low. O_O;;

Jolie said...

Pear - that 89 cents was in the first six months I started the RRSP. I have it through Northwest Funds (Ethical Funds)