I was at the school til 8 PM tonight. I was not alone. Most of the other teaching staff was still there as well. Just so many details to get ready for the first day.
I am home and full of restless energy. I should have gone for a walk but there were too many little things to do. Dishes were all over the kitchen from the supper I missed. Laundry from DS1 now that he is home again. Towels. Lord do my boys breed these things? Writing out the cheques for the boys. There will be fees of over $100 each when they go to register for school tomorrow. Floors to sweep and counters to wipe. Paid a few bills online and filed those bills in my office in a box.
DS1 ended up working tonight. We didn't expect that. He wasn't even supposed to be home til tonight. I think BIL forgot that. He got paid and brought his cheque home. Handed it straight to me to see. Love that training is paying off. He will go deposit it tomorrow.
Garbage out. The few bottles/cans we had go in the recycling. Boys have their stuff at the door as DS1 will drive them over to register. I have to leave early as we are doing a breakfast for students/families before classes start. After school DS1 has hockey tryouts for the Junior A team. DS2 is looking forward to seeing his friends since he's been gone most of the summer.
Clothes for tomorrow are picked out and tshirts ironed. I swear they just shove them in their drawers. Llibrary books are in the vehicle so I don't forget to return them.
I feel like I'm already back on the wheel. trapped LOL
Here's to a night of no weird 'first day of school' dreams/nightmares.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
2 comments:
My daughter started her student teaching at a local elementary school this week. She has kindergarten the first half, and sixth grade the second. She is exhausted. She leaves at 7:15 a.m. in the morning and gets home around 6:30 p.m. Teachers work hard.
Remember to do something fun for yourself Jolie! Good luck on your first day of school!!
Thanks Sharon. How exciting for your daughter! Crazy split though of K and 6.
Post a Comment