Well I start work today.Two days of meetings and then the kidlets start on Wednesday. And then the whirling treadmill begins again.
There is a whole ritual that I seem to go through for school start. Each year it gets refined a little bit, but the basics are always still there. It makes those first few weeks go so much smoother.
So for all of you who didn't realize how anal I am, prepare for TMI lol
Back to school routines:
- School supplies are bought, unpacked and put in backpacks by mid August
- Any new school clothes are bought and everything in their drawers and closets get sized and donated if too small
- Money jars are filled and budget/expenses are updated
- Vehicles are washed and cleaned inside and tanks filled. I made DS1 do this with his car before he left for BC hockey
- All bed linens are washed. Bedrooms are dusted and tidied
- Fridge is cleaned out and restocked with fresh fruits and veggies.
- Pantry is cleaned and restocked with basics
- Some meals are made ahead and frozen like stew, ground beef ready for spaghetti/taco/sloppy joes etc
- That miscellaneous drawer in the kitchen with pens and such is cleaned out and stocked with working pens and notepads
- Bathrooms are all cleaned.
- Recyclables ( bottles, papers, cans etc) have all been taken in.
- Garage is cleaned out (ish)
- I go through my clothes and give away some that are past wearing or I have given up on fitting me
- All the basics are restocked:toilet paper, kleenex, paper towel, cleaners, trash bags etc
- A roll of toonies and a bundle of $5 are in the drawer for the occasional days when I let the boys eat from the small cafeteria at school.
- My Mom's calendar is ready to go


11 comments:
wow that is quite the list of things to get done. When do you start all this stuff?
The clothes and school supplies I did mid month. The rest happened last Thurs and Fri.
You are on the ball, girl! Very inspiring! :)
wow! so many details to remember
Wow.
You are really organized. I'm sure this helps and cuts back on time wasted.
School doesn't start here till after Sept 5 so I guess the kids get a little extra time off.
Great idea about the roll of coins for school.
You are my hero. One day I hope I am that organized. Love it!
Love your blog and your book list! :) Erin
www.healthybranscoms.com
Our "getting organized for school" tasks are similar, though not quite as thorough, like I'm not on top of getting the inside of the cars cleaned, or doing thorough cleaning purges of washrooms and bedrooms, though I do the clothes thing with the kids each late August. Since I'm not going to be working every day when the kids are gone at school, I like to leave some of these chores for when they aren't around and my days are quiet and less hectic.
~ Makky's Mom
I love the thought of getting everything on your list and together just in time before school starts. It sincerely helps to be organized and put together, especially since back to school is hard enough as it is.
thanks everyone. I think it may be a form of procrastination because I have bigger work jobs to do LOL
Awesome job. Also a HUGE fan of the mom's calendar!!
Post a Comment