In Feb of 2010 I ventured for the first time into the land of RRSP. I put in $1000 which counted for my 2009 tax return. Six months later, I got my first statement from the Investment Company. I laughed at how my investment had grown by a whopping 89 cents. In November I added $1500 to the pot for my 2010 contribution. math tells me I have $2500 plus 89 cents.
I received my next 6 month statement yesterday. My yearly fee of $29.35 was taken off. I knew this and expected it. To my pleasant surprise, my $2500 was now worth $2600 after yearly fee deduction. A lovely growth of $100 for one year's 'work'. The fancy lil charts and graphs tell me that it is a growth of 9% which sounds fantastic.
If only I had had a ton more money in there.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
3 comments:
That is awesome.
You'll get there...you've made a start and that's the important thing. And your interest will compound and that is...well...MAGICAL!!
I love compound interest, and if that,s how RRSP works then the only way is up.
Congratulations........
Post a Comment