Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

RRSP Update

As many of you know, I did my first RRSP contribution in February 2010. I had saved a whole $1000 to put towards this (That should keep me for my retirement years LOL)

I couldnt' remember how often I had asked for my statements to come. Turns out I checked 'twice a year' as it came in the mail yesterday.

I had divided the money up between NEI Canadian Bonds and Ethical Dividends. I will be the first to admit I really don't know a lot about the whole things.

So after 6 long months of waiting.............the Bonds gained...the Dividends lost..........and my $1000 is now worth............................................$1000.89

I about died laughing. I am not sure what I was expecting but this did make me giggle. lots

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a sense of humour about it. It's a long term investment for sure isn't it!

Jessie said...

whoo hoo! $0.89 - it's great you have sense of humour about it!

Girl Makes Cents said...

Haha can't help but laugh sometimes! I'm wondering if TFSA is the way to go with retirement, at least then you are making some interest. Maybe a combo of both?

Bridget said...

ouch.. that 1.3% interest rate on ING's RSP accounts aren't looking so bad to me!!

Maureen said...

Not much of a get rich quick scheme LOL :)