I know, I know, it's only half over but it feels like go go go.
Friday night was supper at mom's. It was gentle 2 C for a Saskatchewan February and my dad wanted to bbq some steaks. Who am I to say no to that?? With baked potatoes and grilled garlic mushrooms, it was deeeelicious. My oldest sister came over as well. She is finally ready to consider Liberation Surgery for her MS. We are thinking Costa Rica. The husband of a good friend of mine is going there for his next month, so we will have some first hand information on the process. It's about $23 000. Saskatchewan has the highest per capita incidence of MS in the world and it's particularly heavy in this part of the province, so I am hoping we can get some research and treatment here in the province.
Saturday was a child busy day. DS2 headed 2.5 hours up north to join his provincial scouting buddies at their camp. The road was snowed in so they had to walk from the highway in about 1/4 mile, grab some canoes out of their shed and head back to the road to haul their gear in, sliding ever so gracefully in the canoes over the drifts. They were sleeping outside with tarps and snow shelters. I can't wait to find out how it went.
DS1 had hockey in the city. I fed him well and he headed off to join his team. His father and I drove in the 1.5 hours to watch the game. It was very intense. We lost in overtime with only 30 seconds left of the OT period. We got home about midnight and DS1 got home about 1:30 AM. The team stopped to eat at a restaurant instead of pizza on the bus. again. He plays again tonight in the city so back he'll go. His father is going but I am undecided whether I can teach effectively when I get less than 8 hours sleep.
I did a bunch of cleaning at home yesterday. With the warm weather, the cats have been doing extra shedding so a good cleaning was needed.
Today husband went up to pick up DS2. DS1 is still sleeping as it nears noon. I woke with a massive headache but it seems to have ebbed thank goodness.
I read one too many PF blogs this morning where folks were baking yesterday and peer pressure set in. The bread machine is making up dough for some cinnamon buns. I am far from proficient at these (compared to my mom who is queen of dough and pastry) but I'll give them a whack. DS1 will gobble them down regardless. I will have to tuck some aside for DS2 if they work out.
I need to menu plan today. I fell short the past two weeks and I really felt the stress of 'what should we have'. I need to do laundry today. I need to get groceries today. I need to get to the school.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
2 comments:
Jolie, I hope the surgery goes well for your sister! I know of at least 5 people who've had it, all with good results. I'm glad you survived your whirlwind week-end. March break can't happen soon enough!
It sounds like you have a very "full" life, and your weekend was busy!!
I'm sorry to hear about your sister, I know several people with MS, and I've never heard about surgery. Sending prayers for a successful outcome!!
Valentine's Day cookies were baked today, but that is all I've done. I will put together goodie bags for the kids tomorrow..
Cinnamon buns sound delicious!!
Post a Comment