Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Week 6 Jars and some snowflakes

This was not as successful a week on the jars as others past. I spent all but 3%. There wasn't anything specific that burned the money away. If anything, I would blame it on my not menu planning and too much money going out for unplanned, last minute meals. I really need to get into regular menu planning, but our schedules just seem to fight against it. We have so many different after school activities going on. Scouts is wrapping up but there are a few things like tree planting and a weekend camp coming up. DS2 is playing school soccer so that is running two days a week except when they throw in an unexpected one. DS1 has evening soccer that sometimes runs at 6 and sometimes at 7:40. He begins with the trainer next week so that will be added to the schedule.

My sister was home for Mother's day and I had forgotten I had picked her a bunch of stuff up at Christmas. She repaid me $200. It was so long ago it isnt' part of my budget that needs to be made up anymore so I considered it a snowflake. I went to the city branch of my bank yesterday with it. The lady there didn't know what a lump sum was either or how to do it. I have come to the conclusion that people around here rarely pay things off early. S'ok I taught her how to do it LOL

3 comments:

Budgets are the New Black said...

Those snowflakes do add up! It is sad that most people just make minimum payments and don't look beyond what the debt is costing them. Kudos to you for really knocking it out. Keep it up.

Jennifer said...

2 words - CROCK POT

Your life sounds so similar to mine, just throw in a couple of more. Without the crock pot this week, we would be eating sandwiches daily!

You are so good about snowflaking and paying off! Your determination most definitely motivates me.

Anonymous said...

At least you were still under on the jars!! :) But I do know what you mean! We do much better when I plan out meals, etc....