What do you use your 'other' jar for?
She suggests allowance, pet food, bank fees etc. I have a separate category for allowance and pet food comes out of the food budget (They're ppl too LOL). The bank fees come straight out of my account each month so there is no point in putting $ in the jar for that.
I have never used an 'other' jar before but was changing budget for next month and FINALLY adding a clothing and gifts jar, and thought I should put in the 'other ' too but I have no clue what I'd really use it for. I tentatively have $20 a week going into it, but if I don't really need the jar, I sure have other places I could whap that $80 a month.
Thoughts? ideas? your experiences?
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
8 comments:
We don't use an other jar as we have no banking fees, like you pets are taken out of food so we just decided to use 3 jars, food, transportation and entertainment we nearly always have money left over in some of the jars each week which we save in another jar and use either for debt or something special, like a hiking trip..
Hi Jolie,
Sorry if you have mentioned this before somewhere, but how do you budget for pet expenses. Do you save up for these like you do for Christmas? Or do vet bills come from the emergency fund? I want to get a pet when I move out and am just wondering what people do.
I hadn't thought of taking the cat food out of the food budget. I have an "other" jar and use it for that. I don't really take bank fees into consideration with my jars, as I have a line in my budget to account for that all ready.
We use the 'other jar' for prescription deductibles and for the kids occasional school trips and Scouting events, like camping, etc. We don't always use it, so it goes into a wallet to save for bigger items. Right now our other money left over at the end of the week goes into our vacation fund.
GMC - the food itself just comes out of the grocery fund. For things like the vet, I just set aside x amount for what I would need for the year. Cats don't need to go to the vet nearly as often as dogs, nor do they need grooming. I suspect Dogs would cost a whole lot more each year.
I don't use the jar system but I've always been tempted to just because it looks like it works. What about the other being for misc expenses, like things that really aren't budgeted for but happens to come up?
I pay for my cat,s food out of the Grocery money, but I should really put aside enough in another jar to pay for his kenneling when we go away and any Vet,s bills me may incur as well as his yearly inoculations. I think $20.00 a week should more than cover this.
Yes I agree, good thing I'm more of a cat person anyway.
Post a Comment