
Back in July I had hypothesized on how much it costs to keep a girl in basic beauty (LOL) each month. Through a series of generalizations, I decided that it costs me $64 a month to be me. I spent some time this week at Walmart, which offers the least expensive options for purchasing around here and came up with a table to reflect the realities. Let me tell you, they are scary!! I determined the cost per item, and then decided how many units I used of each, per month. Some items I used half, some I used one, and some I use 1.5 times or 2 items of each per month. It was a very interesting experience.
It showed me that just 'being' costs a lot. It shows me that cutting back a bit each month will save little bits. It gave me a base price so I can comparison shop when I get the flyers.
So here it is, before our lovely taxes of 10%.
Cost per month
Bodywash - $2.46
Shampoo - $4.40
Conditioner - $4.40
Blush - $2.41
Eye Shadow - $2.98
Lipstick - $4.23
Toothpaste - $2.08
Fem. Products - $8.96
Deodorant - $5.94
Contact Solution - $8.88
Gel - $9.92
Razors - $5.99
Facewash - $7.11
Foundation - $11.47
Moisturizer - $19.97
Mascara - $7.47
MONTH TOTAL - $98.59
I also realized that I have no clue how to import a chart to this blog as it did not recognize any of the ways I tried. Interesting. And it was all prettily laid out too LOL
And this list doesn't cover all of the expenses. I thought of another 10 while I was typing. terrible. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment