Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Willy Nilly

Ok So payday was on the 25th and I dutifully put down the money on the phone, satellite, cell, loans, MC, Visa etc and bought a few groceries. All good. All prompt and proactive. And then somewhere along the journey it was as though everything went to hell in a handbasket. Money was coming out of spots it shouldn't have...spending money was spent on groceries when the store's debit was down and everything got all muddled up and bringing take out home two nights in a row when unexpected evening changes messed up the plan.

I have to admit I was avoiding my blog because it's hard to accept or admit things have gotten all wonky. I need to take time this weekend to just breathe and accept that things may not be all in the right column etc when the month is over. There is just something about my Type A personality that goes "ohh things got all messy.......screw it for the month and start over again at the end of October" lol

Things won't get better soon in some ways as I am gone tomorrow for a conference which I had to put the fee down on my MC as things went wonky at the main office and the cheque didn't go through. I'll get reimbursed, but that will take a couple weeks. Then, I am off again this coming Thursday through Sat for another conference, and while hotel and gas money will be reimbursed, the initial output comes from me. Food is my expense and of course that will be higher than it would be at home.

It's so hard to stay focused when things go all whirly like this. I appear to need too much control, but often in the wrong ways LOL

On the bright note, I avoided again all the checkout trash magazines that were calling me. I stopped myself a couple times from just buying some things, just because but that really is a 'one thing at a time' challenge.

I started back to Weight Watchers last Friday after 4 months and far too many pounds gained back. This will add an almost $17/week fee, but I have that budgeted in for this month already (just in case I went back LOL) as getting to a more healthy weight is essential for me not going crazy or depresssed. It was join for free so at least I didn't have to pay a resigning fee as most months have that varies between $35 and $50, so woo hoo that I picked the free month to bite the bullet and go LOL

No comments: