Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Summer To Do List

Summer is definitely a time to rest and relax.

It's also a time to do all the things that have been pushed off all school year and need to get done.

Here's my list. Only a little has to do with money to be honest.


  • Rest
  • Read
  • Walk
  • Weight Watchers (hoping for 12 pounds over the summer)
  • Spend  a LOT of time with dad
  • $400 snowflakes
  • Passport - my passport expires in Oct but who has time in October to do that? So I will do it over the summer. Which meant I needed to do my pics and documents at the end of June so that my witnesses/references were actually around
  • Infusion x 3 (regularly scheduled)
  • Specialist appointment in the city
  • Get DS to the accountant to figure out what we will need to do for Tax season for 2018 year when he moves /is employed in Europe
  • Get DS to bank to decide what to do with his account here and get advice for Credit Card and Banking in  Europe
  • Book DS's flight
  • Dentist - cleaning
  • Mammogram - weird things happening and I want to find out if there is anything to worry about
  • Mole excision - That's how mom's cancer started. I want my two guys gone (and checked)
  • Garage Sale
  • Meet at Bank to do this year's RRSP contribution
  • Meet at Bank to add this year's TSFA contribution
  • Call cemetery to be sure the spots we have for mom's ashes (and dad's when it's time) is still there
  • Do mom's memorial for the newspaper since no one else stepped up
  • Monitor the price of Euros (I think we're screwed)
  • Come up with a new budget. Our district is moving to pay twice a month after 24 years of once a month. I am not thrilled. I have a great rhythm going with once a month
  • Find a new binge on Netflix for my down moments
  • Clean out mom's things when dad is ready
  • At least 20 large garbage bags out of my house (donate/garage sale/recycle/toss)
  • Head to toe house cleaning
  • 'spring' clean mom's house. She would be twitching at the dust and windows
  • Lunch with High School friends
  • Bake, bake, bake. I seem to have taken over mom's role there for the family. I am nowhere near as good as she was
  • Gather mom's recipes together in a word document to share with the family. 
  • Decide on a tattoo. One of my friends at work had something in her grandmother's writing tattoed on her arm and I think that's what I am going for. Now to see what I have in mom's writing.
  • Pedicure x 2 (I have 2 gift certificates so why not)
  • Perm - yeah I'm one of those who needs that for her sad sad flat hair.
  • Skin Care Routine - colleagues gave me a 3 month supply of a lovely smelling product line. Might as well use it.
  • Memory book - I haven't ever done one of those online photo albums. I want to do one for DS for all his college hockey time as a gift for him. Not sure how to get newspaper articles in there. I don't have any fancy software programs
  • Cancel DS1's vehicle package policy since the vehicle will be parked while he is gone.

I will undoubtedly add to this list as things come to me. Nothing thus far is school related. woo hoo.

No comments: