Pages

Friday, July 6, 2018

2018 goals mid point check in

It's funny how many things can change throughout the year. Life throws unexpected experiences at us. Sometimes that is meant to throw us off our course onto a new one. Sometimes it is meant to see if we can stick to our plans through the storms.

Here is my midpoint check in:

1) RRSP - $1500 - done. just waiting for an appt to get it put into the bonds and dividends.

2) TFSA - $1000 - $600 thus far through passive income of rolling change.

3) Summer 2018 - $1000 - done. Not sure what I plan to do with this. I have no plans to go anywhere but it's nice to have it if I want it. If I don't use this it will go towards Europe to visit DS

4) Back to School - $500 - done and ready to use

5) XMAS - $1500 - $200 thus far. July is when I start this target officially. If we end up going to Europe, THAT will be our Christmas


6) LOC - $1500 Bonus payments My LOC is down $2675 since end of December. My regular monthly payments are about $300 each so that nets me $875 bonus money towards the loan. Little steps.


7) Plates 2018 - $1200 I have $1000 saved up towards DS1's vehicle plates/insurance. I am not sure what I will do with the vehicle when he is gone for 8 months. If I removed the plates (and get a refund) there will be no insurance on it should something happen to it. Vehicle theft is huge in our area)


8)  ReadingI have reset up my ABC book list to see if I can be a bit more motivated to read a little more voraciously. I actually started reading again. A few off the list.


10) Travel 


I got to see DS in early March for our last visit to his college city. I got to see him in early April for the big win. I am tucking $ aside each month to put towards visiting him in Europe. DS2 is even tucking money aside each month for his flight ticket. 

2 comments:

JB said...

Could you have your son look at flight prices for you once he moves to Europe? I had a friend whose family lived in Europe and they bought her flights for her since it was cheaper than then in the US. My brother lived in Spain for a number of months and found cheap flights all the time.

Cheapchick said...

Remove the liability only portion from your auto insurance which means you keep the plate and the fire/theft (comprehensive). This is pretty standard in the insurance industry, that way you only readd liability when he needs to use the vehicle (or you do) and the liability portion is what costs so bloody much.