I took a bit of time to spoil myself today, and take care of something that was long overdue.
I got my hair permed today. I know, you're thinking, perm??? who gets those these days besides my great aunt Tilda? Well, now you know two people.
I have been getting perms for most of my life. I have ridiculously thin hair that goes flat flat flat and won't hold curl from a curling iron. I look terrible with flat unbodied hair.
I remember getting a 'Tony' perm when I was young in my mom's kitchen. My older sister did it. The curling rods used to be kept in one of those purple velvet Crown Royal bags :-)
I remember how tight those curling rods were and the smell of the solution.
I go to the salon now.
I went today and realized it had been a year since my last perm. What was more frightening was that it had been a year since I had my hair cut, to the best of my recollection. Yikes.
I save a bit of money each month to go towards salon visits, because I know how costly they can be.
I was surprised, when I went to pay. I seem to recall that my bill last time was over $100 before tip.
Today, with a perm, a hair cut and some product to take care of this dry brittle (from the steroids) hair, it was $80 (before tip). I wonder if their prices have dropped for perms.
Onwards to unflat hair :-)
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago

4 comments:
I totally remember those "Tony" perms!! lol! I had them back in gr.7-8.. lol! My hair is stick straight... but I can't be bothered with any "high maintenance" hair styles... I need mine cut again but debating if I want to go short/short or not! :)
Good for you for doing something for yourself again!
Oh how tightly she wound those curlers at the back of the head by the neck...the 'little hairs' I called them.
Nothing like the smell of the Tony.
I forgot about those Crown Royal bags! haha I'm pretty sure there are still some in my parents closet just full of coins; think of all the potential snowflake just sitting there collecting dust :P I should talk to them about that lol
SS - full of coins? I would be twitching to cash those in lol
Post a Comment