I really just don't do well in heat like this. Part of it is my weight. Part of it is my skin that threatens to burst into flames at these temps. Part of it is just ' my body doesn't like heat'.
I dream of AC :-)
Speaking of AC, I sure miss my old classroom for that. I could go in and crank that puppy up and just .......shiver. I have zero temp control in my new room and right now the system is shut off for the summer. I get it. It's summer. Why spend $$ when not really anyone is there. I sure notice the dif between the first floor and the second floor, where I am.
So speaking of my new class, my belongings were moved to the new building last week. Not to my room though as those floors were being waxed and drying.
On Saturday, I convinced DH to drive me over and we could see if the floors were done. Check. My belongings were the first moved though so they were in the back corner behind the other teachers' belongings. Didn't take long to make a path though. DH very kindly, and unexpectedly, helped me me all the boxes and furniture to my new room so that I could unpack at my leisure.
I spent a couple hours there Mon and again on Tuesday, slowly unpacking a few boxes and figuring out where everything would live in the room. It is taking while but that's ok. I enjoy the puttering. I am dripping sweat in the 80 C room, but I do enjoy the puttering.
I realized just how big this building is. There could be hundreds of people in my new school in a dif part of the building and I would never, ever know.
I promise I won't be like that kid in the Magic Schoolbus Videos who prefaces everything with 'at my last school...'
I need a chair. I had to leave my nice chair behind when I left and I have nothing right now. Not sure if there is a storeroom somewhere here where I can 'shop' for things. I hit the office supply store and discovered that the chair I had been sitting on was $250. $250!! and that was a cheap chair! Some of those chairs are upwards of $500! wow. I need one that is reasonably comfortable. I prefer one with no arms. and I need one with a hydraulic that is strong (bigger person here).
I don't have a bookshelf in my new room. I really don't have the floor space for one, and no one looks at books on the bottom shelves if they have to squat. Solution...I have a counter on one side of my room. A 3 shelf bookcase would put all the books at eye level!
I found this one at Walmart.
$15.99 at the Walmart USA site
I paid $29.99 here in Canada. Plus tax :-)
DH helped assemble one last night. One more to go. I can't wait to see how many of the boxes of my books it holds.
I unpacked about 10 boxes on Monday and another 20 yesterday. I know I will have to want to rearrange things on the shelves behind my desk as I continue to unpack.

No comments:
Post a Comment