Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Home

Well it's over and done with.

First..here is the view from my hotel window:


This is the University Bridge in Saskatoon. Across on the left is the hospital and the under construction Children's hospital.

IV -  I am kidnapping this nurse and taking her with me wherever I go. She did the IV on the inside of the elbow and I felt nothing. nothing! not even the little poke. She didn't do anything...no warming cloths, no numbing gel. Just skill.

Procedure. no pain or discomfort, but I was awake. I am guessing she was fairly generous with the drugs.

I was insanely sick to my stomach on the way home. After 20 min I had DH pull over and I laid down in the back seat. Being horizontal helped a great deal.

Results. Not good but not the worst.

We need to step up the drugs. The two I had spoken about...Remicade and Humira...are out. Apparently if you have MS and symptoms haven't developed yet, these drugs have been known to bring those symptoms on, fast. Since my sister has MS, she didn't want to take that risk.

She gave me the name of a new drug that is out of the clinical trial phase and was released in May for general use. I need to research it AND see if my drug plan covers it.

I need to get started ASAP so that I have the summer to 'see how it feels' after each IV infusion. I so want to be in remission.

I came home and slept and then moved to the couch and watched the Rider game slept.

Thank you so much to all those who commented with ideas and suggestions and good wishes. It really helped.

Costs:

Hotel $159
 Prep drink: $25
Juice, ginger ale, water $15
Cab: Hotel had a shuttle that went to the airport.
Fuel Costs Thurs: $48
Fuel Costs Fri: $60 (DH wanted to drive his truck, not my SUV)
Parking Costs Fri: $4.50

Total costs for this: $311.50

5 comments:

Saskatchewan Savings said...

I'm glad everything went well! And I hope the new medicine cocktail works for you. Good timing that you have the summer to see how you react.

B-Kat said...

I hope that this new drug is covered for you! and now to feel better and enjoy your summer!!

Jane said...

Just think if you also had to pay for the test itself!! Glad things went smoothly - especially the IV!!!! You had a real pro of a nurse thankfully! Hope the new med provides some relief and I'm glad it's OVER and done with :)

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog and I really like it! Nice to see someone else with saving goals. I too have had some terrible ill health, hoping you get good results!

Jolie said...

Thanks everyone!