I took DS1 to the bank yesterday to switch over an account. It's a trust account that didn't have a lot in it - $500, but since he is done school now it was time to switch it over. He plans to go travelling with a good friend next year. They have grand illusions of Australia or New Zealand but I don't think they quite realize how much that will cost. His friend has a jump start on saving so DS needs to get his butt in gear or he's just going to be seeing her off at the airport.
We had tried a few times to get an appointment to get this switched over but between his school and work and mine, it never quite worked.
The lady doing the account transfer knows both DS and I, though we're not close, and she was kind enough to have done up most of the paperwork before we even got there. SO nice of her!
Here is the point where I laughed out loud.
She is checking the info on the form and she asks for his status. For 13 years he was able to say 'student'. He paused, and was speechless for a moment with a blank look on his face. He turns to me and says "What am I now????". The lady and I laughed and both said at the same time "welcome to adulthood'.
I have VERY reluctantly agreed to let him take a year off taking any sort of college classes and work instead, around his hockey schedule.
So for now, until hockey season begins, he is "labourer"
Here is his final moment as 'student'
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago

2 comments:
Gosh, yes. I would love to go to Australia & NZ. But it's very pricey to travel from Canada. It's pricier than just going to Asia because of the extra fuel. And then when you get there, it's still not as cheap for accomodations and food.
I had to smile at this. When my oldest son graduated two years ago we had a similar moment. He hadn't started teaching yet and was unemployed for the summer so when we went to the bank to put a few needed things into his name...he looked at me and said "whats my occupation"..lol. Thank goodness the bank just put teacher in since he had his direct deposit form with him.
Post a Comment