I know a lot of folk go wild and crazy for Canada day, but that just isn't our thing. The lakes are packed with folk celebrating. The provincial parks are alcohol free on long weekends, as things got far TOO wild a few years ago. I think it has cut down a lot on the parties and things getting out of control.
For us, DS2 headed off with some of his scouters to their camp for a few days. He is driving himself up there now and I always hold my breath until I know he's there safe. Highway fatalities on long weekends always go up. I was glad to get his text that he'd arrived.
DH and I headed over to a pancake breakfast the community was hosting. A lot of people turned out for this. I always laugh when students from my school see me out and about. I can hear their wheels turning "she's OUT? in public?? are teachers allowed out??" The breakfast was good. I know how much volunteer work it takes to make something like that a success and I think the crew did a great job.
The rest of the day was fairly quiet. I hit the grocery store to restock my bare fridge and get some meat for grilling. It was great to see the fridge bursting with fresh fruits and veggies.
One of the funniest things today was a facebook status my aunt put up. She is almost 70 and new to facebook and was so excited to learn how to attach a picture from the net and wish Canada a happy birthday. I about died laughing when I saw the flag....it wasn't a maple leaf...it was cannibas, in red. She didn't realize. My sister and I rock paper scissored to see who would tell her. I won LOL
DH and I went to the campground at supper to have a hot dog roast with DS. He can't leave during supper time but he can take his break. It was nice to see how well he interacts with the campers coming in. It certainly wasn't a fancy supper, but it was somewhere different and 3/4 of us were together.
The new fence neighbours had a party tonight to celebrate her 30th birthday. They warned us ahead of time it might be noisy and invited us over. We didn't go but it was good to hear them having fun. They weren't all that loud at all. As I type this, the celebration is still going on and the community Canada Day Fireworks are about to start.
However you celebrated, big or small, happy Canada Day my fellow Canuck bloggers. The fourth is here soon to my American Friends :-)
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
1 comment:
LOL. How did your aunt react to the news?
On a side note, that's how some Canadians probably celebrated Canada Day... So she wasn't far off. ;)
Post a Comment