Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Ahh sweet weekend

Sorry for the awol. I have been well (colitis wise), just very very tired. Work has been emotionally exhausting and I have been getting to bed early to try to catch up on rest.

On the way home from work I stopped at the library and I reminded myself why I love the library.

I stopped to look for   a book containing some slam poetry I have been searching for, for work. No such luck. But while I was there, I stocked up for the weekend and it felt so much like  spoiling myself.

I'd load pictures but, well, blogger has been more than a little persnickety.

I picked up a Michael Buble CD to give myself something to listen to while I clean. I picked up a couple books that hopefully I can curl up with and read. I grabbed Season 1 (disk 1) of BONES. I have been wanting so badly to buy it lately and I know, deep down, I don't need stacks of TV series on my shelf to be watched once, or maybe twice. I am hoping that borrowing it from the library will get it out of my system :-)   I also borrowed 2 Weight Watchers magazines and a copy of House and  Home. I have no money to decorate but it's nice to look at house p*rn now and again and imagine :-)

I got the same rush bringing those home, that I do buying something similar. Interesting.

DS2 had to work last night and we were off to DS1's game.

Free entertainment from the library and free admission to the hockey game and no stopping at the booth for snacks = spend free evening full off all kinds of fun.

2 comments:

The Asian Pear said...

I love the library too albeit I haven't been in awhile. I need to renew my card and I seem to keep forgetting to bring ID! Must remember it. Enjoy the weekend Jolie!

Jolie said...

Thanks Pear. I keep my library bar code thingie on my keychain now. I used to forget all the time too.