Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Where the money stands

as of November 6th

Debts
Mortgage - $29 496.32
LOC - $2968.09

Total Debt - $32 464.41

Savings/Planned Spending
TFSA/EF - $2045
RESP - $11 800
RRSP - $4200
Christmas 2012 - $1400

Ok this is a totally false where the money stands.  The savings/planned spending is all correct. The Mortgage is up to date.

It's the LOC that isn't.  Things are at a bit of a flux with the car 'accident'. The car was totalled and written off. They paid out some money which is in the mail. We bought it back for a nominal amount and my dad has his heart set on fixing it. He was so happy about it I didn't argue even though I don't think he should be using his time and energy on it. His health is so so. But his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree and I just couldn't take that away from him. He doesn't get happy like that as much anymore.

Right now I am out money for the new car. I am out money for the insurance for the new car and the package policy.

My LOC interest rate was almost 3% less than the best bank fee I could get for a loan for the new vehicle so I paid out of my LOC and am very anxious about getting that number back down. soon.

I am waiting on money back from insurance. I am waiting money back on the insurance and package policy on the old car, which are also in the mail I am told. When it is all said and done I will have some more debt.  I do appreciate the insurance though. So many forms. So many fees for cancellation.

The old car will get fixed and go back to DS1. The new car, DS1 is currently driving then will go to DS2 in the spring when he gets his licence.

Life has been nothing, if not busy while I go through all these first experiences.

5 comments:

B-Kat said...

When my car was totaled off the insurance company was surprisingly quick getting the check in the mail. They were also pretty fair about the price that they gave us.
For being a government run agency I was pleasantly surprised. I Hope that you got the same type of treatment.

It's all cars and hockey at my house too!

I have a second one ready to drive next year as well. Him and I are working on a financial agreement. I will pay half and for the cost of plates. No gas or oil changes and he has to have $700 in a fund to cover the deductable.

Heaven help me and you!

Girl Makes Cents said...

Hope it comes to you soon and that it won't be TOO much additional debt with the new car.

PS I just noticed that you are about $50,000 down from your original starting debt, and more than $82,000 down from the additional debt.

You are such motivation!!

The Asian Pear said...

Ugh. Hope the postman comes soon. *hugs*

Hawaii Planner said...

Hope you're able to get your LOC paid off quickly, & minimize the amount of work over the accident!

Louise said...

your mortgage balance looks great! hope the cheque arrives soon