It's been a whirlwind two weeks and things have been crazy busy. I am sure you all have those chunks of time too, or perhaps it is like that for you all of the time.
Report cards were handed out Friday so that is a huge relief. The district changed a few ways we are reporting part way through the marking period so it was a big shift to a different way of thinking and a very different way of recording. It takes a whack of time to pull it all together to give parents the best information about their student progress. Interviews will be this coming week so it will be another time busy week here for work.
We have a few dumps of snow here. Everytime there is a big one I can't help but be thankful I don't have my old van. Driving through snow in that one forced snow up and underneathe, blocking and plugging the alternator belt and basically making the steering inoperable. I was stranded about a dozen times with that problem. I've had a different vehicle for going on four winters now, but I still get that panic trigger when I drive in snow, until I remember I no longer have the van. Funny how something like that stays with you. I appreciate you, new vehicle who is designed differently underneathe and doesn't have this problem.
Gas prices have dropped a bit in the past 10 days. Funny how when you have been stuck at $1.299/Liter for a long time, suddenly being at $1.199 doesn't look so bad.
DS2 has had fewer hours at work and he is grateful for that. The restaurant will be super busy from now until after the New Year and he was feeling overwhelmed. He will miss the bigger paycheck though. I watched him proudly as he marched with his troop last weekend for Remembrance Day.
DS1 has been busy with his team. I don't see him as much as I like, but I guess that is part of the letting go. I think of all the other members of his team who are billeted here and their family is a province or two away, and I guess I can't complain. He's been going over to help grandpa work on his car. DS doesn't know a thing about car repair so every single thing he is doing is a brand new learning experience. I love that. I also love that he gets time with grandpa. Dad hasn't been well and we have less time with him left, than more. It's good for DS to realize that there is a boatload of time and money and work that goes into fixing the results of this no fault accident.
Speaking of no fault accident, we got our papers from insurance. A charge from the insurance company of close to $300 for the no fault accident along with 8 points against DS's license. We can appeal this and we will be. There was a $25 fee to launch the appeal which DH paid. DS and I will do the appeal with the highway traffic board via phone conference this coming week. I have taken a half day of personal time to do that. While DS has to run the phone call, he still wanted his mother there. Neither of us have been in this situation before so it will be a new experience. The charges and points could be completely voided, or not. I guess we shall see how it goes.
I am still waiting for the last couple cheques to come in for insurance refund and at that point I will know how much I am 'out' for this whole accident. Funny how 20 seconds of glare ice can cost so much. At least everyone was physically safe though.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
2 days ago

2 comments:
I have done an appeal before Jolie. They were really nice people to deal with even though the appeal didn't go my way. Make sure you utilize Google maps if it's applicable, They will want to know all outside conditions,so the temperature, the weather outside, any distractions that he had, was the Radio on? They wanted to know exact positions so facing north west, the other car was facing south east, etc.
I wrote everything out before hand and read it to someone else to make sure it was very understandable.
They want to know exactly why you think that you weren't at fault.
Hope that helps!
Thanks so much B Kat! Some good things to know
Post a Comment