Thank you Colitis for teaching me...
- about my body and how incredibly sensitive it is
- that I was far from alone in this disease
- how narsty colyte tastes before a colonoscopy
- how meds may be the wonder med, but t hey are not right for every person's body
- the importance of good health
- the freedom of being able to go for a walk or a drive without fear
- the benefits and pitfalls of insurance
- the gift of sick days
4 comments:
Hi Jolie,
I hope you are feeling better. Just out of curiosity: Is colitis curable, or permanent? I have high blood pressure and thyroid disease both my genetic inheritances and both not curable at least in my case. I have learnt to become friends with them since they are not going to be going away...
The only 'cure' is the removal of the colon. You have a very good outlook on how to embrace what you cannot change.
This is how I felt too when I was diagnosed with diabetes and later PCOS. It made me appreciate and understand my body as well. Hugs.
I hope you are doing well & successfuly able to control the symptos as best you can. :-(
Post a Comment