It seems to be an annual thing. I found my link from
last year to do a bit of comparing between the years. There was quite a lot that was the same :-)
It was redeem 50 000 points and get $15 free so basically $100 of product at no charge (except tax). I checked over the flyer to see what was on sale. I prefer to use the points on sale items to make it all stretch farther.
Most of the items were need items. Nothing overly exciting or fancy. Crest white strips 3d were on sale from $54 to $34. I had a $7 coupon off for them so I got them for $27 - but since I used my points they were Free.
It seemed like a like as I was buying things, dutifully keeping track of the total on my notepad.....but as I look at the pic, I think "That was $100!!!" I realize how inflation has affected how much one can get for the money.
5 comments:
That's really $100?! Ouch! I find shoppers very expensive to begin with, but at least you got a good deal for your items!!
Great job on catching some freebies. Yes, $100 does not go as far as it used to, but you got some high priced items, i.e. coffee, crest strips, tampons, etc.
Even with inflation, I think you did a great job! That is awesome how you can save up point for free items. Wish we had something like that in the states.
Good job! Unfortunately we don't have a points system here but any way that you can aquire free stuff is always a good thing! And yes I love white strips but they are so darned expensive!
Isn't it surprising how much normal grocery store items add up to?!?!?!? Tampoons are the worst; for some reason my work supplies feminine hygiene products which saves me a ton.
Post a Comment