Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Goal changes and successes

thanks everyone for all their positive comments lately. They are much appreciated.

I am going ahead with the changes on my goals. I know that will take some weight off my mind and create a shorter list of savings goals (sorta)

  • TFSA is on hold for this year
  • Christmas is reduced by $200 to $1200
  • RRSP is reduced by $500 to $1000
Incoming goals:
  • Finish off the $800 needed for the plates.
I cashed in my rolled change yesterday, went to the bank and came home with 2 crisp $100 bills. That has been added to the plates goal and I am now $90 away from meeting it. Incidentally, when I have the full $800 I will go deposit into my High Interest Savings until I need it in July. Might as well gain a bit of interest whilst I wait.

  • Save $3000 towards the trip so it can be paid for in cash. That also will live in the High Interest Account as I save it until January when I need to pay the balance.

3 comments:

Finding my Way said...

You are the snowflake Queen! Crisp $100 bills leave a warm feeling in my heart for you!

Way to go on figuring it out!!

The Asian Pear said...

Good plan. Good luck!

Jolie said...

It relieved a lot of stress on my mind. It was the right choice to make.