So I thought I'd play around with, and relearn how to make Pie Charts. I chose my Monthly variable expense jars as the focus of this one. It was a very powerful visual to see the colours manifest. Wow my kids eat a lot. While that big chunk of red is groceries AND home, the majority of it is groceries. Then again, watching my two bottomless pits eat constantly (and still thin as rails) I realize it really is a big part of our life. There is always room for adjustments and better meal choices; for more frequent menu planning and more food from scratch. I can continue to work on that.
What is in my jars?
Here is the weekly snapshot.
Groceries and Home: $170
Gas: $50
Entertainment: $40
Spending (my own allowance): $20
Clothing and Gifts: $25
The last item on the list is the one which needs the most boosting and that will come, eventually.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago

3 comments:
Our groceries take up a BIG chunk of our income too! I've recently chopped that down by $50 to only $150/week. So far, so good!! Staying away from processed foods makes all the difference!
MM - It covers clothing for the boys only. Their father takes care of his own finances. I buy from gift cards given as bday presents/christmas or save my savings. It does not include xmas gifts. That is saved separately and goes into a High Interest Account to be saved until shopping time.
I rarely give gifts for bdays to friends/extended family. We all agreed there were too many of us.
I know, very complicated. Probably too much so but it is a work in progress right now.
as a public transport commuter, I'm always amazed how much gas is in someone's budget usually. makes me blessed not to have a car or drive. @_@;;
now that your summer fun savings is full, will you start saving for christmas again?
Post a Comment