I have bitten the bullet and did the join for free at WW. I will go for the min number of weeks, get the new information on the new plan, then I will continue at home. It's ridiculously more money here in Canada than it is in the US. About $20 a week, which gets you the one meeting. There is no free access to etools online as I believe it is in the US.
I would go all the time if I could afford it. I have lost on WW before doing it on my own so I know it is possible this way too. There are a few of us from work making our own little group for moral support.
I am at my highest and it is at a dangerous number, health-wise.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
14 comments:
Good luck to you! I did the WW points system after I had our daughter and it worked well for me. I am sure you will do well!
Good luck! You can do it! I'm still trying to lose some post baby weight and I've found that eating less and moving more really do work. Who knew! :)
Joined for free, that's great. I know a few co-workers on WW too and they love it. From what I have heard, it sounds like a great program and not that restricting which is nice.
Hope it works again for you. It's too bad that it's more expensive here in Canada. Nice you have your own little support group anyway.
Good luck! So many people I know have had success with it, I'm sure you will too! That's a great idea signing up to get the info and into the routine, because it is very expensive to keep up with :(
Good luck with it :) WW works great. I've enjoyed it in the past. I hope it goes well.
I just started the new plan...I'm not sure I'm losing very much. Seems too many points, but I'll stick with it. I only lost 1.6 lbs the first week, and don't feel I've lost anything the second.. We'll see. $20.00 sounds high, I don't blame you for not wanting to spend that money!
Hope it works out for you! That is quite expensive I think, but if it keeps you motivated and helps you lose, it'll be money well spent!
I know I should be doing something but the motivation is just not there.
Good luck to you
I'm a WW leader here in Toronto. If you're interested in the monthly pass, you do get free eTools! It turns into about $12/week instead of the higher pay as you go rate.
Keep in mind, those who attend meetings are more successful than those who do it on their own. If you're really wanting to make a change, why not make that commitment to yourself!
Good luck, and congrats for making the decision!
Good Luck!!!!
oh wow you are all so wonderfully supportive of me. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.
Midclass mom - the SK and AB ww groups are owned and operated differently than the rest of Canada apparently. As of last year when I went to meetings the etools was not part of the package when you paid for in person meetings. We do not get a monthly pass per se, but pay for each weekly coupon to attend meetings. One coupon must be submitted each time you go to a meeting. While we don't have more than 1 meeting per week in our wee town, in the bigger cities were there are more meetings, it runs the same. If I went to 3 different meetings per week for support, each one would cost me one coupon = $17 ish. I could use my coupons to go to a meeting in SK or AB but if I were in BC or ON they would not be valid and I would not be able to go to a meeting without 'joining' there. weird.
Good luck Jolie!! I am doing WW myself and so far I am really liking the new system. I am one who needs the support of the meetings.
Perhaps we can 'boost' each other up when we need it.
It's too bad that SK works differently, because the monthly pass is wonderful...works out to $12 a week plus taxes. I figure it's worth the money as I am now brown bagging it for work. Since moving offices, I was spending way more than what I was paying with the monthly pass.
GOOD LUCK!!!
Good luck Jolie! You'll have to let us know what their new plan is like.
Great strategy joining for free, get all the info then continue at home - sounds like something I would do. Something I SHOULD do...sigh...working on it, some days are better than others:) Do your best...I could use some inspiration!!
Post a Comment