Mr desktop computer was not happy. He was shut down one night and the next day when I went to turn him on he said 'hmmmm no I don't think so'. We tried a few different things but deadness reigned supreme.
Off he went to the puter doctor and the doctor said " for $83.50 he will no longer be dead'
I lack the computer understanding to know what they did but I've known the girl for 20 years so I know I was not getting hosed.
The dilemna was 'from where was this money coming from?"
Option 1 - I have an EF but it's in a TFSA and I was not going to break into it for that small amount.
Option 2 - Use the $ you have saved from your own allowance to pay for it. I was saving up for something nice for MOI but life is life so the sacrifice was made.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
11 comments:
it doesn't seem fair that it has to come from your allowance - i would suggest a little bit comes from each jar (if it's a family computer, it's a family expenses).
Well that sucks! I had to do that too, similar amount. Around $75 for an unexpected little car repair. Don't ya hate to spend your mad money on stuff like that!?
BUMMER! That sucks, but if you are anything like me - when my computer is out, I am a basket case!
Jolie, how about setting up a little jar for the unexcepted? Say you put 5.00/week in it for these types of things? I feel bad that you had to use your "money" for the repair.
Thanks guys. Once our new contract is settled and my 'raise' (hopefully it's a raise) is settled, I am going to start a 'life happens' jar for things just like this
Bummer that your PC had gone on strike, but bliss to know it was,nt terminal. At any price.
oh no! but atleast you didn't have to buy a new computer?!?!?!
Oh no. At least it was fixable! I like the idea of a life happens jar.
awwh. sounds like something small broke like his fan or his supply box.
are you putting money away every month into your emergency fund? if so, can you just deduct the amount from that? it kinda sucks to take it out of your own allowance especially since it is an emergency....
aww thanks guys. I don't mind. It's an important part of our house. The 'life happens' (which is a gentler phrasing than sh*t happens) jar will be nice when I can start it.
I love the idea of a life happens jar. I hope it was fixed and is running smoothly Jolie. :)
Post a Comment