Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Financial all about jolie

First job - working at a convenience store/gas station at 15






Most interesting job experience - working at a 'special care facility' and being flashed by a patient. I told him it was cold outside and it wasn't a good look for him that day and to put it away.


First Credit Card - a Zellers card

Most Indulgent Expense - taking the boys to Europe for DS1 to play hockey

My date with a credit collection agency - joined a health club when I was 19 at university. Changed my mind two days later. They made me pay the full amount for the year. In retrospect, I believe there is a grace window for cancellation. I was too stupid to know that then.

Most financially unprepared (fiscally and intelligently) moment - having kids

Most $ 'tossed' away - books. oh lordy the money I used to spend on book. sadness

Most money honest moment - in the commons at University. Guy in front of me dropped a $50. I picked it up and tracked him through the crowd to give it back.

Most 'unique' money fantasy - swimming and diving in a pool of money like Scrooge McDuck


Most money spent in one shot - my vehicle

Most change collected - $1000 I saved up to buy my wedding dress, shoes, veil, bouquet etc. My purse was sooo heavy going into the bank to cash it in.

Largest currency bill I've had - a $1000 bill. My dad gave that to me to use as a downpayment on my first loan. He'd saved for a long time for that. It was still in rare circulation then. He took money out of his savings and asked if he could get that large of a bill. They said yes. They knew I'd be back there the next day to deposit it to start my loan. Beauty of small town I guess. Not like I could have went to 7/11 and bought a slurpee with it LOL




2 comments:

jpkittie said...

I love this post!!!! Enjoyed reading it!

Maureen said...

My first job, Saturday girl at a shoe shop. I lied about my age and started at 13 years.

And I,m still working 48 years later, yuck.

Love the post.....