I am a very scent oriented person. I like natural scents: citrus, cinnamon, yeast smells...that sort of thing.
Often in winter a nice scent will perk me right up in the cold dreary days. The smell of coffee perking is wonderful. The scent of something yeasty baking is intoxicating. Add cinnamon to it and I'm over the moon.
Sometimes I have to light candles to get whatever scent it is I seem to need to lift my spirits.
Well I tell ya today I don't need any or all of the above.
It's 3 C. That's right. Above zero. It was near 40 below earlier this week.
I opened the screen of the front door and the gentle, most amazing smell is coming in. My mood is through the roof and my eyes are sparklilng. It makes a girl glad to be alive.
Now I was smart enough to shut off the furance before I did that. No point in having $ go flying out the window.
ahhhhh sweet simplicity.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
7 comments:
I'm suffering from envy right now! It's minus -20 something with the windchill here! I love being able to open the windows and letting the breeze in. Enjoy the warmth! PS, I'm going to make apple crisp later on today, and I'll think of you when I'm eating it!
Oh I sure hope that temperature and scent is headed our way (you're on the prairies somewhere right? It is so gorgeous here - brilliant sunshine but with that comes -17 to -25 temperatures. To have the door open again - sheer bliss!
I'm about to go out and smell all of that wonderful "fragrance" when I walk the dog. Isn't it amazing? Hope you enjoy the "heatwave". :)!
Oh, I love the springtime when we take the plastic off the windows, and open up the doors and let that sweet smell in and clean out the stale winter out of the house.
I was thinking you in the east as I typed my entry today. Hope it warms up for you all as well.
Krystin - I totally relate. that's why the front door is the only window I could open :P
I,m almost afraid to tell you that today the temperature is 34 Centigrade. And I can smell cut grass, and chlorine, my neighbour has a pool, wish it was mine.
it's been -20C here for the last few nights. tonight will finally be a lil better at -10C. I'm still freezing though. >_<
Post a Comment