Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

My Christmas Expenditures

It's rather scary to pull all this together. It is necessary however, so I can better plan and better budget for next year. These really are guestimates so it is probably more. eep. I am pulling together receipts that I have to see how accurate I am so this will undoubtedly change.

Christmas wrapping, tags etc $15.00
Boys' teacher gifts $40
Gift exchange at work, student treat bags and contribution to class pot luck $100
Christmas mass offering $20
Christmas meal contribution $60
Gifts for spouse and boys and parents, including stockings $1400

Total: $1635

Too high? yup
Budgeted? nope
on Credit card? yup

do it this way again next year? Not a hope!!!

reality check....
  • 1.5 x my mini emergency fund
  • equal to about 3 of my personal loan payments

4 comments:

jpkittie said...

oops... start saving a bit now for Christmas if you can. Maybe label a coin jar "Cash Christmas" You may find a few hundred for next year!

Hope 2009 brings you a step closer to financial freedom.

Jolie said...

I have started a Christmas savings for $2009. My goal is $1000 and I am going to tuck away $100 barring anything monumental happening in my world. It will be great to have that money, there, to use, and not have it go on my Mastercard.

Mrs. Accountability said...

OUCH! For $15 you can buy cards, gift wrap, tags, more than you'd ever need if you can get to Target on their 90% off sale. Check my post here for the site I watch to see when Target goes to 90%. I came over to visit your blog because you visited mine and left a comment. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Jolie said...

LOL Ms accoutability. Sadly in Canada we don't have a Target and our prices are often quite a bit higher than the US. Thanks for stopping by.