As of today I am done teaching for the summer.
Don't get me wrong...the work is not done.
I have about 20 hours left of an online course they mandated in the last week. The focus is blending the learning between in person and online. While they say we are all back in the classroom in the fall, I don't have great faith that it will stay that way.
I also need to go in and unpack my classroom as soon as they are done waxing the floors. Last year we had to move classrooms and with dad's passing I never did unpack properly. I do not want to experience that 'Hmmm I wonder where that is' again.
so back to the lies.
When we started this 'stay at home' crisis, part of me thought 'yes!!!!" Time to do all those things I wished I had the time to do at home AND still get paid.
Silly me, I had no clue how steep the learning curve was ahead of me with this online platform.
Lie #1
If I were at home I would be able to read so many books off my 'novels my kids read at school list' . honestly there are so many good YA books out there, I could read one a day like a vitamin and never catch up. But I thought this was a chance to make a good dent. Didn't happen
Lie #2
If I were at home I would be able to get my hiney on the treadmill every day, multiple times. Boy the shape I would be in. I could do one in the morning before I go to 'work'. One to break things up in the afternoon. One in the evening. Truth - I was so scattered and hit and miss on this. I lost 3 months of time to get a new habit.
Lie #3
If I were at home I would unpack all the stuff I have brought from the other house and move more over. Untrue. Though I did work my way through some of it, I still have boxes and tubs that need a home
Lie #4
If I were at home I would be able to menu plan and have meals ready for supper each day. I did this a bit but certainly not on a regular basis. I found my appetite off (yet still gained weight) and had no desire to cook a good chunk of the time.
I feel like I wasted a 3 month opportunity to get these things going and of course, now, I am sad I did not do more
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
2 comments:
Absolutely not lies, just that reality set in. I feel the same way. I should have gained at minimum 9 minutes a day with not commuting. Plenty of time for a morning walk, getting healthy meals on the table, reading for pleasure. Life just didn't pan out that way, and it is what it is. We are all just trying to figure out how world changes impacted our lives. I also try to remember we are all in a bit of grief-grief for how life was like pre-pandemic. I try to remember we are also all under additional stress-trying to keep ourselves and loved ones safe and healthy. Take Care.
I want to say I am supposed to be job hunting, and I had ooooooodles of time to do it but haven't done it as much as I should have. Be kind to yourself, we're just living one day at a time.
Post a Comment