I am hanging out on the covered part of my patio, providing sustenance to the hoards of mosquitos that hatched this week. I have spray on and a citronella candle and they are still just a buzzing.
I hate to have this lovely yard and not be outside enjoying it. The winters here are long enough where we are indoors.
We officially were done teaching on the 16th. It was a nice zoom wrap up with the kids who had been participating and a few who stopped by to say hi.
Since then we have been given a huge Professional development course we need to complete, ideally by June 30 but I am behind so I may have to keep on after official let out.
Today our graduation video was launched. Students and their parents had scheduled times earlier in June to come in to tape their stage crossing and tassel switching. The production crew then put it all together along with a voice over introductions and the awards they received. Included in it were the valedictorian speeches, greetings from all kinds of important people (not me) and their slideshow.
It was really well done and the best it could be for the situation here. We are just too large a school to meet any kind of guidelines set out by the province.
DS2 came home Wed and Thurs on his days off from the campground he manages. He is dealing with all the phase changes and it's super frustrating for him as well. Fingers crossed his mental health stays strong.
DS1 and his gf have been working for my sister, who is planting a ton of plants - the harvest will be for sale as things come ready. Rhubarb anyone? It's good to go. They are learning a lot about gardening and enjoying setting up house together in our old house.
They still haven't decided if they are going to go to the US to play hockey this fall.
a) they have to wait for things to calm down and open up and Florida is a hot mess these days.
b) if it does open up, getting her a VISA may be tough and
c) he won't go back without her. This is year 6 for them and they agreed they would not be apart anymore. Which is fair
so that means he may be done his hockey career, which is sad.
I am looking forward to the weekend, and making my summer list of to dos. It may not be extravagant as there aren't a ton of places to go, but that is ok. There is a lot of quality that can be had being near or at home.
This will be the first summer in 3 years I haven't been parent caregiving, and I need to make sure it counts. in lots of little ways. Life is just too darn short.
2 comments:
Enjoy your summer. Yes, definitely the year to enjoy what Canada has close to home. Other than a family trip to Alberta (hubby to say goodbye to his Mom who has alzheimers, he is on that trip right now) we are only planning 1 small trip to an Island nearby (I live on Vancouver Island) for 3 nights in a single room cabin on the ocean - with no others anywhere nearby. I do hope to do some day trips out with hubby - employing our college neighbor girl to do a little daytime dogsitting so we can make the most of it. We have so many local attractions within a 2 hour driving time here - and they will need our support.
My brother in law lives on the Island too near Shawnigan. Never run out of things to see there.
Your trip to the island sounds fun. Nothing like those ocean wave sounds.
Post a Comment