Pages

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

May change

Feels like forever since I actually HAD change to report here.

2017 certainly has not started out the way I had hoped, but there is still time.

Last weekend I took my change to the bank and put it towards 'back to school'

  • 1 roll of toonies - $50
  • 1 roll of loonies - $25
  • 2 rolls of quarters - $20
  • 1 roll of dimes - $5


What this tells me is that I have started actually using cash and not debit/credit again.

Most of the change comes from my weekly jar money, and more specifically, comes from my grocery shopping change.

So yes I probably have another $100 this month I could have spent on groceries, but we managed fine without it and I am glad to have put it towards planned spending.

DS1 is home now so grocery will definitely go up.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Change is a good way to measure your cash use. I do the same thing. Whenever I swipe my debit card, I always spend more than I should. For me, cash is truly king.

Jolie said...

It certainly makes me think twice... most of the time.