DS2 formally moved out of his apartment where he went to college. Boy he's accumulated a lot in the two years while he is gone. He is home for a week and then he is off to his summer job as a Park Ranger ( I really hear 'hey hey hey boo boo' when I say that)
DS1 made it home Friday. He left at 4:30 his time and made it here 17 ish hours later. He brought most of his stuff ( a LOT of clothes) home, even though he has one year left. He's like a hyper Chihuahua for the first few days when he gets home. and EATS. He just nicely left for his gf's town where he starts work there for the summer. He is lucky to have good inlaws who will take care of him. I will see him when he comes into town for hockey and on weekends.
So what did I accomplish during the weekend besides my family time?
- 9 hours at the school cleaning, sorting
- more loads of laundry that I can count. Most of this was DS2's
- Baked a sour cream coffee cake for the gf
- made 8 dozen butter tarts
- made 4 dozen muffins
- cooked up big batches of ground beef and made little frozen packs of it for DS2 for spaghetti, chili and tacos
- family time in the backyard
- family bbq tonight at my parents'
and now I am relaxing with a glass of wine.
SUPER grateful for the energy that blessed me for a good chunk of each day
5 weeks of school left
3 comments:
I love having all my kids home even if just intermittently. It sounds like a good weekend.
I can hear the happiness and excitement of having your boys back in your post :) It is great that they both have work lined up for the summer. Very responsible! I know many friends of mine who have kids who would play computer games all summer long without imagining to work. Kudos to you for raising sensible young men.
I certainly can see that a bit of my tiredness is related to them being gone. empty nest syndrome or the like. I think most of it is lack of purpose tied to can't leave the house like I used to colitis.
Funny...even if they are not home home but close, it still feels better.
DS2 does his share of computer games. Trust me :-)
Post a Comment