Pages

Monday, December 26, 2016

Boxing Day doings

Well DS2 is feeling a bit better. He was able to get up and shower and get some food to stay down, so that is progress. He even opened his presents. That may mean the tree comes down tomorrow. Or perhaps on the 28th to distract me from DS1 flying back to the US.

Today DS1 is still at GF's. I do believe he took part in a curling bonspiel. One of his cousins drove out there to partake as well.

As for me, today was a productive day. It started with Pirates of the Caribbean and worked its way through a few of the sequels. Then it was World Jr Hockey. 

That was in the background.

In the foreground I was a cleaning machine. I think that seems to be a Boxing Day tradition for me. Some sort of deeply ingrained...new things in the house, clean out some old things.  Whatever the psychological reason, it felt productive.

I got through four big drawers in the kitchen, the dreaded 'under the sink' and the pot cupboard.

I also did my dresser and got rid of clothes that were too small or worn out.

DS2's room smelled like the plague so everything in there had to be washed. Four loads of bed linens and then his laundry he brought home from College.

I even worked in a wee nap and a 45 min visit with sister 3 as she came into town to bring her MIL back from Christmas at their house up north.

I enjoyed my tree. I read a bit and I had a glass of icy cold wine (left the bottle in the non heated garage. I am lucky it didn't freeze and burst).

I hope this feeling of getting things done continues on tomorrow. I think I need to go through the big box of tree decorations and sort, tidy and purge.

I hope your day was greater, no matter how you spent it.


3 comments:

Hawaii Planner said...

Hope everyone is back on the mend at your house! I think it was my favorite of all of our holidays, honestly. Relaxing, fun, & all four of the boys got along. ;-) Sometimes, when trapped in the house for a few days with lots of sugar & not enough sleep, they've struggled. ;-) This year was great!

debbie said...

what is boxing day

Jolie said...

HP - I think it's my favourite too. I don't have that total exhaustion like I have at the end of the school year so I have a bit more energy to do things.

Debbie - Boxing Day is the 26th of December and is 'celebrated' in Canada, the UK. etc. The name comes from a custom that isn't really celebrated anymore. To quote "In Britain, it was a custom for tradespeople to collect "Christmas boxes" of money or presents on the first weekday after Christmas as thanks for good service throughout the year" Really it means a bank holiday and time in my jammies :-)