So Christmas Day didn't quite work out as we had planned.
By 10 AM DS1 and GF were up, but there was no signs of life from DS2. When I went to peek on him he was a sick little boy. I think he picked up the flu. He spent the day sleeping or in the bathroom being sick. Not his happiest Christmas Day.
DS and GF opened up their stockings and gifts. We got them a nice tent so that they have their own when they head off camping in the summers instead of borrowing one of ours.
We then headed over to my mom and dad's for brunch, after checking in with DS2.
That full brunch of bacon and eggs, sausage and pancakes tastes the best twice a year: once at Christmas brunch with my parents, and once at the lake in the summer when we cook everything outside.
My mom finally stopped buying gifts. There are just too many of us and it's silly to spend that kind of cash for a day. To compromise, she got everyone a copy of our family pic we took at the lake for dad's 80th birthday. Best present ever.
The kids headed off out of town to GF's place to spend the rest of Christmas and Boxing Day with her family.
We were supposed to head out to Sister2's place for her Christmas supper but with DS sick I didn't want to go that far out of town.
Instead DH headed over to his sister's and spent Christmas afternoon with them and had supper there. I stayed home to nurse DS2 and curled up to read by my tree, with a coffee and baileys.
Plan B was very peaceful and I was ok with that.
I even ( don't tell anyone) watched the Unauthorized Biography of Beverly Hills 90210 on TV. Had never seen it before and there was NOTHING on :-)
Right now it still looks a bit like Christmas morning with my tree lit up, my Christmas jammies on, snow lightly falling and DS's presents and stockings under the tree.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
2 comments:
Hope DS feels better. When our DS was 5, he got sick on Christmas Eve Day and just got worse as the day went on. He slept most of the 2 days. Actually, he fell asleep on the floor and our niece, who was 16 months old, kept running him over with her doll stroller. He didn't budge! Lol
Flu bug hit our home as well! I'm now nursing younger daughter, coaxing her to have some chicken noodle soup and fluids. I hope he rebounds and can enjoy his time off school
Post a Comment